Tuesday, April 7, 2015

OMPSA at 65 and Beyond: Overcoming Challenges, Building Dreams and Resilience and Sustaining Excellence for the Future

OMPSA Batch 2005
By: Amparo Jamnague-Fatalla

An anonymous writer wrote the poem “The Clay of Youth”, that goes this way:

I took a piece of plastic clay and gently pressed it day by day

And as my fingers bent it still, it formed and yielded to my will.
I came again when days are gone; the bit of clay was hard at last
My early impress still it bore, but I could change the form no more!

I took a piece of living clay, and gently formed it day by day

And crafted him with my power and art; a boy’s soft and yielding heart.
I came again when years are gone; it was a man I look upon,
My early impress still he bore; but I could change him nevermore!

To bear a child and craft him for the future, one must be resilient, bear sympathy, show kindness and penetrate the heart and his inmost soul. Our Mother of Perpetual Succor Academy had lived to fulfilll the many dreams of the youth of Torrijos. The gentle hands and loving embrace of OMPSA had made so many honest, pure, just and truthful sons and daughters of this town, bearing the great inscription of the great OMPSA spirit!

Romeo Mataac, Jr.

Author & Website Administrator

Romeo A. Mataac, Jr. is the founding editor and moderator of Marinduque News Online. Concurrently, he is a researcher in a leading global professional services company. He has five year background experience in finance and accounting operations and business process outsourcing. Myong, as he is fondly called by his friends, born and raised in the province of Marinduque. He loves travelling and doing community outreach activities. Follow him through his social media accounts or email at info.marinduque@gmail.com.

0 comments: